How did your weekend go? I know my friends down stateside are still basking in another day off (when I did summer employment I would always try to get Memorial Day Monday off - my excuse, I felt it was showing comradary with our neighbors - my reason was strictly selfish, I wanted another day off to play in the sun).
The weekend here was busy - the round-up, in no particular order:
- Trip to town to local hardware (franchise) to stock up on garden hoses, tennis balls (for Taz - pink in support of breast cancer research), ceiling fan for my office, and a few more things that weren't on the list, but OMG what a great deal and the old stand -by "I have to have this".
- On upside, local hardware was giving out coupons for free burgers from local (franchise) meat shop. Decided to pick up some chicken and with that purchase got a free chocolate cake. Bought a coupon book (proceeds to charity) and found that with our purchase we also qualified for free cream puffs. WIN! BTW - cake was awesome, saving cream puffs for another day.
- Played ball with Taz (I believe dogs find pink balls hard to see - what is usually an easy catch for her ended up bouncing off her head or she'd overshoot it totally).
- Watched The Blind Side (see Saturday's post for philosophical discussion on that).
- Put mirror on dresser in our room - only a few more things to check off the list in there and we can call one room completely complete.
- Whirlpool bath last night - sigh.
- Made a fabulous dinner last night - a pseudo-lasagne (cooked penne noodles mixed with spaghetti sauce layered with cottage cheese/spinach/mozza/parm mixture topped with more cheese and baked in oven. Had it with garlic bread and a yummy spinach salad with vidalia onions, strawberries dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper. YUMMY!
- Visit with friends to share chocolate cake (so we didn't have to eat it all by ourselves). Sat on the deck and gazed out at the water and all the boats on the water. Most likely had too much wine!
- Plus 25 degrees (celcius). The Prairies are getting rain and a high temperature of 6 degrees (celcius) - our weather, I believe. Too bad (said with as much sincerity as possible given the circumstances).